Lori Morris Design is a full-service Luxury Interior Design firm specializing in Residential and Commercial Design for renovations and new construction. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service, and pride ourselves in creating functional, unique, and beautiful spaces to suit each individual client’s needs.
Purpose of the Position:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing support to all project team members to effectively administer project delivery. The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing assistance in the overall planning, scheduling, and optimizing resource allocation for each project. The Project Coordinator will also be responsible for all project accounting and control, document management and filing, handling change of scope, inventory control, procurement, and ensuring compliance with quality standards throughout the project lifecycle. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator works closely with the team on interior design, finishing coordination, and related scopes.
- Participate in the complete life cycle of the project
- Participate in and be responsible for the materials/finishes selections and design coordination for each project
- Follow up to ensure all required products are going to be delivered on-site on time and under the overall project budget
- Perform internal small interior design tasks as required
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project
- Work closely with the project delivery team to coordinate the efforts of all parties involved with the project, including the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and laborers
- Work closely with the project delivery teams to ensure project documents are complete, timely, well organized, and filed properly
- Demonstrate strong organizational, documentation program development and management skills and be self-motivated and proactive
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Diploma or equivalent training in Interior Design
- Project Management certification is considered an asset
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good client coordination and goodwill building ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Knowledge of, and experience with industry regulations, legal issues, and safety standards
- Ability to understand, create, and communicate a space concept and plan
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Project, Outlook; Autocad, Revit
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrated professionalism and a clean and polished appearance at all times
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Bring strong team-orientation in a professional manner
- Be flexible, responsive, and quick thinking
(1) Physical Demands
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue)
- The employee will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be open to working nights and weekends, as social media is 24/7.
(2) Environmental Conditions
(The nature of adverse environmental conditions affecting the incumbent)
- The employee is located in a busy, open area office.
- The employee is faced with constant interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be open to working nights and weekends, when required to meet urgent business needs.
PLEASE REPLY WITH A COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
LOCATION: TORONTO, ON (PREFERRED)